Is Your Heater Energy Efficient? – 3 Ways To Find Out

A heater is one of the most commonly used appliances in homes. Almost all families use their heaters to stay comfortable during the winter season. However, a heater can increase your energy bills if you do not take proper care of your heating system.

One of the best ways to control your energy bills is to search for efficient heating systems near me. If a heater is not maintained properly, it consumes excessive energy while working, leading to high energy bills. In such cases, you should control your energy bills to remove the imbalance in your monthly budget.

How to know the Efficiency of Your Heater?

If you are unsure about the efficiency levels of your heating appliance, read these three tips to find out. With the help of these expert tips, you can determine the efficiency of your heater:

Check the AFUE Rating

The annual fuel utilization efficiency rating directly indicates the efficiency of all HVAC appliances. For example, an HVAC appliance with a 95% AFUE rating means it utilizes 95% of its electricity, fuel, or gas, and the rest 5% goes to waste.

However, if the appliance has a low AFUE rating of 50%, it utilizes only 50% of the electricity, fuel, or gas it consumes, and the rest 50% goes to waste.

You can know the AFUE rating of your heater through its user manual or sticker. If the AFUE rating is low, you should contact an HVAC company for efficient HVAC systems near me.

Check the Age

An HVAC appliance may have a high AFUE rating, but if it is old, the AFUE rating will gradually decline, and the system will lose its efficiency.

For example, if you own an HVAC appliance with a high AFUE rating of 95% but crossed its average lifespan, the actual AFUE rating would be around 80%. In such cases, buying efficient heating systems near me is better to match the AFUE rating with its age.

If your heater is more than ten years old, there is a high chance that it’s AFUE rating is 80-90%. Since it is old and has a low rating, it will consume high energy while working, leading to high energy bills. However, if your heater is less than ten years old, you should not replace it soon.

Energy Bill Comparison

If you do not know the AFUE rating and the age of your heater, you should try this method to know its efficiency. The monthly energy bills of your home can help you determine whether your heater is efficient to work this season.

For example, if you have not added a new electrical appliance to your home yet your monthly bills rising significantly, you should consider replacing your heater.

If there is a huge gap, you should contact a technician to confirm that your heater is consuming high energy, and you should replace it.

Bottom Line

If you are searching for HVAC systems near me, allow HVAC Warehouse to be your partner. We sell affordable HVAC appliances with a guarantee of their quality.

Call us at (762) 435-4822 or send an email to learn about our trustworthy and budget-friendly HVAC services.

Scroll to Top